Thursday 31 January 2013

END OF MODULE Evaluation

END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION



What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I think I have developed a better understanding of general researching, I think after having a few briefs that required in depth research you become better at researching eg. Using pintrest and similar online pin boards definitely helped. Also my Photoshop skills have improved a lot after having the sessions as I am pretty much self taught on illustrator and always use that program it was beneficial to me to learn new skills and techniques and this helped a lot with my Photoshop postcards brief.

What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I have approached a variety of skills & methods throughout this module. Like last time drawing helped me a lot this time when it came to the packaging brief I had a lot of initial ideas and designs and seeing the on paper made my decisions easier. I also did quite a lot of printing whether it was for final pieces or prototypes. When it came to my postcards, as I am more confident in Photoshop I found it easier to check the file & sizes also the CYMK to make sure they were ready for print.

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

Definitely the research & development work for my vans shoe box as it made my ideas expand rather than only having a few, printing prototypes is the best way to see what something’s going to look like when its finished and I will definitely do this with briefs in the future.

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

I think my biggest weakness was my interest in my Christmas research brief because I got a football club I wasn’t really enjoying researching and after my primary research and focussed I ended up focusing more on brands maybe if I was in the same position again I would try some other routes of research so it would relate more to the starting point

Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?


  • I will expand more on my photoshop skills so when we are given briefs i can experiment on photoshop as well as Illustrator to make my work have more of a varitey
  • I will address my feedback from crits and piers to make my work be at the highest standard it can be.
  • I will make sure i carry on creating lots of initial ideas and printing prototypes
  • making sure that i put posts on the right module code to save my time at the end and keep my blog flowing properly
  • Make sure that i analyse my work more instead of writing a few points go more in depth so when i am to look back i can understand easily and efficiently why i chose a certain picture or piece of work.









No comments:

Post a Comment