Friday 25 January 2013

Evaluation - Research , collect , communicate & product

Evaluation - Research , collect , communicate & product

For the Research , collect , communicate & product brief my chosen topic was Preston FC football club. I researched into the football club and felt as though i was limited with what i could do. For my primary research i decided to go and look at the football club where i live and take some pictures of there kits and the badge this led me on to my focused research with was logos and branding.

I felt picking vans off the wall. was an appropriate logo to chose because i love the brand and already knew quite  abit about the history of it. I fully researched into the brand by going to one of there stores and by creating a timeline of vans from 1966 when it started to now. I was really insightful as there was a lot of things i didn't know about he brand.

My initial idea was to make a booklet about  vans off the wall and have it in the shoe bag u get when you buy shoes. after some deliberation i decided to change my idea to a shoe box and instead of doing a publication i decided to go for packaging i felt it more it appropriate to the theme. I created a shoe box with the history time line inside i had to print these on different stocks to that it would fit inside and be able to score and fold.
I also made 6 stickers that would be available as a freebee in the store or you'd get one inside of your shoe box.
The idea behind it was that once you had take your shoes out you could open it out and the inside would be a poster. you could rip the flaps off the side if you wanted to or leave it as a shoe box theme poster.

Problems i faced:- As my shoe box was A1 i was unable to print my shoe box double sided so i had to print it twice and then stick it together i used antique paper to do the inside of my shoe box and card for the outside. I could print them both on the same stock because the card wouldn't fold together. The problem with sticking the authentic paper to the card was it kept getting bubbles underneath the paper i didn't want to use spray mount because i didn't want to have any wet patches anywhere but i think if i was to repeat the process i would try it.

Positives of the idea/product:- I loved this brief and creating the shoe box i think the positives where the research and creating the actual pattern for the outside of the box. The research was really interesting and i enjoyed doing it. I enjoyed creating the pattern and different prototypes i would love to do a similar project.

Crit:- The feedback i received was that it would look good when its put together , but i haven't for fulfilled the brief and it could have more info-grahics (e.g on the flaps saying open here close there ect) also who is the target audience for - The feedback from my crit was useful but i was disappointed i felt although it did have enough info-graphics on it and the audience was for people who love the brand off the walls i used playful typeface and good research creating a timeline. 

What i would change:- I would make my typeface a little larger so it was a bit easier to someone holding it further away, i would add more info graphics , i would make playful info graphics on the flaps so you'd see where to open it and that you could tear them off to have the poster on your wall. 

Overall I'm really pleased with my outcome and i think the development work i created had a big impact on my final piece and helped me a lot it was beneficial to make prototypes and i will apply this to other briefs.


No comments:

Post a Comment