Monday 18 February 2013

Secret 7'' Evaluation

Secret 7'' Evaluation
For secret 7'' i chose to do Jessie Ware. We were asked to create a album sleeve for one of the artists songs. The song for Jessie Ware was 'Still love me' I had to try an incorporate the song into my design. I feel that her music is electronic and fancy. It reminds me of some music from the 80s i researched into a few bands where i felt like the music behind the lyrics was familiar , such as SBTRKT & MGMT. I decided how i was going to show her style i would use rectangle boxes like music volume icons.

Problems i faced- When trying to do this record sleeve i had to take into consideration the fact that the song was about love and as you weren't aloud to use the artists name or the song title it was important. The main problem i faced was i felt a lot of people were using love hearts in the design and i wanted mine to be different.

What worked- In the end went more for the style of her music and structure and pattern rather than the lyrics,The two different shaded blocks represent the two people in the complicated relationship. As i love using geometric shapes and patterns i decided to make the pattern tesselate this really worked to my advantage as the blocks represented there relationship crumbling and breaking up. I also felt the colours really worked i think love is a bold topic and although my pattern is minimalist the colours are strong and compliment each other. I did test out other colours but i felt this was more appropriate.
If i was to redo this secret 7'' brief i would possibly draw more thumbnails as i dont think my thumbnails influence my final design enough.If i had drawn more maybe i could of come up with and a better more thought processed idea and. Overall I'm really happy with my secret 7'' design.

Im glad i chose this design as i got picked for the secret 7'' exhibition-

No comments:

Post a Comment